The "Wilhelm and Alexander von Humboldt" Course
Since 1998, DAAD has promoted the course “Wilhelm and Alexander von Humboldt“. Since 2013, the course was established at the Colegio de Mexico (COLMEX), in the humanities and social science department.
Through cooperation agreements with the participating institutions, since 2012 namely UNAM and COLMEX, Mexico and Germany have enjoyed successful cooperation in higher education.
Following an assessment and redefinition of its profile, the Course took on a new scientific profile in 2013. Within the context of globalization, the Course as a university forum encourages scientific discourse in fields such as German society, politics, economics, history and culture today.
Head Professors of the Course since its creation:
- since 2018: Dr. Marion Röwekamp (History and Law)
- 2015 – 2017: Prof. Dr. Ludger Pries (Sociology)
- 2011 – 2015: Prof. Dr. Günther Maihold (Political Science and Sociology)
- 2008 – 2010: Dr. Friedhelm Schmidt-Welle (Literature and Cultural Studies)
- 2004 – 2007: Prof. Dr. Karl Kohut (Literature)
- 2003 – 2004: Prof. Dr. Horst Pietschmann (History)
- 2002 – 2003: Prof. Dr. Walther L. Bernecker (History)
- 1998 – 2001: Dr. Leon Bieber (Political Science)
More information on the course and its events at catedrahumboldt.colmex.mx.