Base de datos de becas
Aquí puedes encontrar información sobre los distintos tipos de financiación del DAAD para estudiantes mexicanos, graduados y posdoctorados, así como en la financiación ofrecida por otras organizaciones seleccionadas.
Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS) • DAAD
Who can apply?
What can be funded?
Duration of the funding
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
- Candidates fulfil the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two years' professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
What requirements must be met?
- Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor) at the time of application.
- His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
- For study courses in German (scholarship includes a preparatory 6-month German language course in Germany): Successful passing of the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before the start of the study course. Therefore, a minimum German language level of B1 at the time of application is a requirement, that needs to be proofed by providing a current certificate.
Note: It is not possible to pass the required German language courses (DSH or TestDaF) without any previous basic knowledge in the German language (at least B1 Level), even with the preceding six-month intensive course in Germany. Passing the language test is a formal prerequisite for matriculation at the respective German university.
- For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based)
Note: Some courses may expect a different level. For detailed information see the relevant course description on the following pages.
Applications sent to the DAAD will not be forwarded to the respective course/university.
You can apply for up to three courses. If applying to more than one course, please list courses in order of priority in the DAAD application forms (see 7. Choice of host university/institution in Germany) and do not change the priorities in the according application form!
Required documents (in the following order):
- Signed DAAD application form with current date
- Personally signed CV (please use the sample europass form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/) with current date
- Personally signed Letter of Motivation (with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate programme(s), two pages maximum) with current date.
IMPORTANT: When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 3 courses), you have to submit one motivation letter explaining why you are applying for these specific courses and why you chose that priority.
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must have letterhead, a signature and official stamp and must be of current date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) that proof a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (after the bachelor degree) at the time of application and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home.
- Proof of Language Skills:
o English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
o German – required for courses taught in German
- Copies of Academic Degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- Copies of Academic Transcripts, incl. grading-scale (certified translation if necessary)
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.
Note: Some courses may require additional documents. For detailed information, please see the relevant course description in the Brochure and on the respective websites.
The complete applications have to be submitted in English or German to be considered.
Incomplete applications cannot be considered.
If applying to more than one course, please list courses in order of priority in the DAAD application forms and do not change these priorities in the respective application.
When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 3 courses), you have to submit one motivation letter explaining why you are applying for these specific courses and why you chose that priority.
Please check with the requirements of the according University whether certified copies are required.
Application and Selection Procedure
Step 1: You send your complete application(s) directly to the according postgraduate course.
Step 2: A selection committee suggests potential candidates for a DAAD scholarship.
Step 3: The suggested candidates will be contacted by DAAD to upload their complete application to the DAAD Portal.
Step 4: The selection process will be finalized, and the suggested candidates will be informed accordingly.
Make sure that you have a copy of each document of your application ready, as those documents (as PDF files) have to be uploaded to the DAAD Portal in case you are suggested for a DAAD scholarship!
More detailed information
El uso de este portal a través de celulares o smartphones es limitado. Por favor usa tu computadora para postular. Requisitos técnicos
La convocatoria para este programa no se encuentra abierta en este momento. Para mayor información, favor mira la fecha límite que se especifica en el texto sobre las condiciones de este programa.