Base de datos de becas
Aquí puedes encontrar información sobre los distintos tipos de financiación del DAAD para estudiantes mexicanos, graduados y posdoctorados, así como en la financiación ofrecida por otras organizaciones seleccionadas.
Study Scholarships - Postgraduate Studies in the Field of Music • DAAD
Who can apply?
What can be funded?
- a Master's degree/postgraduate degree leading to a final qualification, or
- a complementary course that does not lead to a final qualification (not an undergraduate course)
Postgraduate studies are possible in the so-called 2nd cycle (usually a four-semester Master's degree) or a 3rd cycle which usually takes place in two semesters (concert examination, masterclass or PhD in an artistic subject).
This programme only funds projects in the artistic field. Other DAAD scholarship programmes are available for applicants from the field of musicology or music education or musicians with a scientific project.
Duration of the funding
- Funding is provided for Master's studies, preparation for the concert exam and participation in master classes.
- The scholarships are awarded for the duration of the level of training for the chosen study programme (between 10 and 24 months). In the case of 2-year courses, further funding is provided after the first year of study, if your academic achievements thus far indicate that you will successfully complete the study programme within a reasonable period of time.
- Applicants who are already in Germany in the first year of a postgraduate course at the time of application may apply for funding for their second year of study.
- An extension of the scholarship beyond the maximum duration of 24 months is only possible if changing to a new stage in studies is intended (usually from a Master's degree to an advanced programme of study such as a concert exam or master class). For particularly qualified candidates, it is possible to apply for an extension for a concert exam for up to 24 months.
- Start: usually from 1st October of the following year, or earlier if a German language course is taken prior to the study programme
Complementary studies not leading to a final qualification:
- One academic year is being funded. In individual cases, the scholarship can be extended on request
- Start: usually on 1st October of the following year, or earlier if a German language course is taken prior to the study programme
- A monthly payment of 861 euros
- Travel allowance
- One-off study allowance
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
- In the case of a disability or chronic illness: subsidy for additional costs which result from the disability or chronic illness and are not covered by other funding providers: Further information
To enable scholarship holders to learn German in preparation for their stay in the country, DAAD offers the following services:
- Payment of course fees for an online language course after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter
- if necessary: German language course (2, 4 or 6 months) before the start of the study visit in Germany; the DAAD decides whether to fund participation and for how long depending on German language skills and project. Participation in a German language course is compulsory if the language of instruction or working language at the German host institution is German. Due to the pandemic, German courses may take place online.
- Allowance for a personally chosen German language course during the scholarship period
- Reimbursement of the fees for the TestDaF or DSH test which has either been taken in the home country after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter or in Germany before the end of the funding period
- the artistic qualification and artistic maturity, measured by study achievements and work samples
- the quality of the project as measured by the study plan and the letter of motivation; the quality of the project includes the following aspects: the justification of the application, the plausibility and feasibility of the project, the state of preparation of the stay abroad, the embedding of the stay in the artistic career as well as the connection with professional perspectives
What requirements must be met?
- As a rule, your university degree should not date back more than 6 years at the time of the application deadline.
- The respective college of music is responsible for deciding age limits for admission, whereby differing rules may be applied depending on the applicant's academic level and chosen subject.
- Your application cannot be considered, if you have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline.
- If you are enrolled in a Master's or postgraduate degree programme which includes a study period abroad, funding for this period abroad is usually only possible under the following conditions:
The study visit is essential for achievement of the scholarship objective, the visit does not take place in the home country, and it is no longer than a quarter of the scholarship period. Longer periods cannot be funded, even partially.
1. submission of the application documents
2. submission of work samples
1. Submission of the application documents
The application documents are submitted online via the DAAD portal.
Please note that the access to the application portal only appears while the current application period is running. After the application deadline has expired, the portal for this programme is not available until the next application period.
The access to the DAAD portal generally opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline at the latest.
Certificates, proof of credits, certifications and translations may be scanned in non-certified form and uploaded to the DAAD portal. The DAAD reserves the right to request certified copies of the documents.
1. Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form
- Statement about academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany (letter of motivation; 1 - 3 pages). Please read our important information for scholarship applicants / Section A, point 1.
- If available: Letter of acceptance from the host university
- If you do not have a letter of acceptance at the time of application, you must apply to the university for this in good time and subsequently submit the confirmation letter before the scholarship-supported study programme begins. Please note that you yourself are responsible for ensuring that you apply for admission at the host university by the due date and that a Scholarship Award Letter from the DAAD only becomes valid if you are admitted to your chosen host university.
- If possible, confirmation of supervision from a university teacher
Further training that does not lead to a final qualification:
- Confirmation of supervision from a German university teacher
Also for all applicants:
- A current Transcript of Records with individual grade(s), incl. explanation of grading system
- University degree certificate indicating final grade(s): the certificate must be subsequently submitted before the scholarship-supported study programme begins if studies have not been completed at the time of application.
- German or English translations of documents submitted in the national language
- Proof of knowledge of the language of instruction (German or English).The language certificate should be no more than two years old.
- Form with an overview of recorded pieces: www.daad.de/extrainfo ("Information about the audio/video files").
Please do not upload any samples of your work in the DAAD portal.
Current note: In the absolute exception, if you are unable to submit a language certificate due to Corona (e.g. due to the closure of universities or language test centres and if no digital language test is possible either), please upload an appropriate justification with a self-assessment of your current language level according to the CEFR instead of the missing document (tips for self-assessment of your language skills can be found here, under section A, point 8).]
In these cases, the absence of a language certificate does not lead to a formal rejection of your scholarship application by the DAAD. However, submitted language certificates are included in the assessment. If you acquire language certificates after the application deadline, please submit them later.
Please note that you will still need proof of language proficiency in order to apply for a place at a German higher education institution and thus to be able to take up the scholarship.
2. Work samples to be submitted to the Media Database Canto:
One to two weeks after submitting your application documents via the DAAD Portal, you will receive a link to upload your work samples into the protected area of the DAAD media database. Please upload the work samples promptly (within two weeks of receiving the link) into the media database.
The audio/video files to be uploaded must conform to one of the following formats:
Audio files: mp3, wav, video files: mp4
For formal requirements, read: "Additional Information for DAAD Study Scholarships in the Field of Music" at: www.daad.de/extrainfo.
- Your application is only valid if you submit all the required documents to the DAAD portal (see Item 1) and to the media database (see Item 2).
- The DAAD portal closes at 24.00 hrs. (CET or CEST) on the last application day.
- Late or incomplete applications cannot be considered. You are responsible for ensuring that youir applications are complete.
- The application documents remain with the DAAD. Your personal data is saved by the DAAD in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act and with the EU Data Protection Regulation insofar as this data is needed to process the application.
Information and advisory centres
Servicio Alemán de Intercambio Académico
Calle Kepler 157, Col. Nueva Anzures, Del. Miguel Hidalgo
C.P. 11590 Mexico City
Tel.: +52 (55)/525018-83
Fax.: +52 (55)/525018-04
Dr. André Hammelmann
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Centro de Enseñanza de Lenguas Extranjeras (CELE)
Edificio "B", Cubículo 108
Circuito Interior s/n, Ciudad Universitaria, 04510 México D.F.
Tel: ++52 55-5622 0683 a 86 ext. 250 (horario de asesoría)
Asesoría: martes y jueves 16:00 a 17:30 Horas
Universidad de Guadalajara
Centro Universitario de Ciencias Sociales y Humanidades
-Departamento de Lenguas Modernas-
Calle Guanajuato, 1047
Col. Alcalde Barranquitas
44260 Guadalajara (Jalisco), México
Tel.: ++52 33 38 19 33 00, ext. 234 21
++52 33 38 19 33 64, ext. 234 21
More detailed information
- DAAD website section "Courses of study in Germany"
- DAAD website section "10 steps to studying in Germany" to help you prepare for your stay in Germany
- DAAD website section "Important information for scholarship applicants"
El uso de este portal a través de celulares o smartphones es limitado. Por favor usa tu computadora para postular. Requisitos técnicos
General information on the application via DAAD portal
This is what you have to do:
1. Register in the DAAD portal (Read notes about registering in the portal >>)
2. Applying online in the DAAD portal (Read notes on applying in the portal >>)
- Download and complete the online application form
- Prepare application documents
- If necessary, translate documents (unless they are already in German or English).
- Scan paper documents and save in PDF format. Please note that you can only upload PDF files to the portal.
- Upload the completed application form and the required appendices (except work samples) to the portal in PDF format. Translations, if applicable, should be uploaded together with the document issued in the original language.
- Submit the uploaded application documents online.
If you have any technical questions or problems your local information and advice centres could not help you with, please do not hesitate to contact our technical Portal hotline: +49 (0228) 882-8888 or via e-mail email@example.com, open every weekday from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm and from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm (CET).
Please consider this when you are planning your application.
La convocatoria para este programa no se encuentra abierta en este momento. Para mayor información, favor mira la fecha límite que se especifica en el texto sobre las condiciones de este programa.