The Graduate School of Life Sciences at the University of Würzburg is one of the largest and most comprehensive Graduate Schools in the field of Life Sciences in Germany, funded ever since 2006 by the German Excellence Initiative, and offering doctoral research in the sections of Biomedicine, Clinical Sciences, Infection and Immunity, Integrative Biology, and Neuroscience.
We offer a
- widely visible and highly successful international research environment with a huge spectrum of research opportunities
- personal fellowship for three years provided by the GSLS and a host laboratory
- personal grant for research and conference expenses (5000 EUR/year, for one year at least)
- strong network of peers, special tutoring for international students and supervision and mentoring by a thesis committee
- scientific and professional skills training (including a mentoring program for female doctoral researchers)
We welcome your application if you have a passion for and experience in research, including a clear understanding of the areas of research you want to work in. You should also hold a truly excellent university degree obtained within the last two years, usually an MSc from a relevant study program, including an experimental Master thesis (if graduation is expected by January 2018 at the latest you may also apply). If in addition you have proven excellent oral and written English skills and are eager to work in an interdisciplinary and international environment, please apply here by 10 September 2017: https://go.uniwue.de/fellowship