Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for mexican students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Alexander von Humboldt-Foundation: Georg Forster Research Fellowship for Experienced Researchers
Candidates are expected to have their own, clearly defined research profile: they should typically be working at least at the level of assistant professor or junior research group leader or be able to document independent research work over a number of years. The issues treated in the research project must be of high relevance to the continued development of the applicant's country or region of origin.
Each fellowship is worth EUR 3,150 monthly, paid over a period of six to 18 months. Furthermore, there are additional benefits.
- travel allowance
- language grant
- allowances for accompanying family members
- standard allowance for single parents with children accompanying them
- option to additionally extend the research grant, if the fellow is accompanied by children under the age of 12
- subsidy towards research costs to be paid to the hosts
- Europe allowance
- extensive alumni sponsorship
- doctorate or comparable academic degree (PhD, Csc or equivalent) completed less than 12 years prior to the date of application; if it is not possible or customary to take a doctorate in the candidate’s subject or country, an application may be submitted up to 16 years after completing a Master's degree or Diplom, provided that the publication record is commensurate with the candidate’s career stage.
- candidate’s own research profile documented by a comprehensive list of academic publications reviewed according to international standards and printed in journals and/or by publishing houses
- research must be of major relevance to the future development of the candidate’s country or region of origin
- confirmation that research facilities are available, mentoring agreement and detailed expert’s opinion by an academic host at a research institution in Germany
- expert reviews from the doctoral supervisor and another academic qualified to give well-founded comments on the applicant’s qualification, preferably a reviewer not working at the applicant’s own institute
- necessary language skills: humanities or social sciences and medicine: good knowledge of German, if it is necessary to carry out the project successfully, otherwise a good knowledge of English; natural sciences and engineering: good knowledge of German or English
- citizenship as well as habitual place of work and residence in a developing or transition country
Eligible applicants must have lived outside Germany for a minimum of 12 months in total in the 18-month period prior to submitting the application.
Candidates who have completed their school education and one higher-education degree or one higher-education degree and their doctorate in Germany are eligible to apply provided that their habitual place of work and residence has been located in a developing or transition state on the assumption of permanence for at least five years.
To prepare and submit an application on the DAAD Portal, please use a desktop or laptop computer as the site’s full functionality is not available on mobile devices. Technical requirements
Currently you cannot apply for this programme. Please note the application deadline specified under the Application procedure tab.