Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for mexican students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
German Research Foundation (DFG): Heisenberg Programme
The Heisenberg Programme offers candidates four different modules
- the Heisenberg position
- the Heisenberg temporary substitute position for clinicians
- the Heisenberg professorship
- the Heisenberg fellowship
After being accepted into the Heisenberg Programme, awardees may either choose one of the above or combine one or more of the modules during the sponsorship. The funding extends over a period of five years at most.
- Heisenberg position: This module provides the position and flexible research means within the staff-funding category 'senior researcher/Heisenberg funding' Overview on DFG personnel rates
- Heisenberg temporary substitute position for clinicians: This option offers funding within the staff-funding category 'medical research assistant' of a temporary substitute post and flexible research means. Overview on DFG personnel rates
- Heisenberg professorship: The module allocates funding within the staff-funding category 'professorship' for a temporary professorship at a German institution of higher education and flexible means for research. Overview on DFG personnel rates
- Heisenberg fellowship: This option implies a monthly stipend of EUR 4,450 for the cost of living plus a general allowance of EUR 250 for direct project costs. In addition, allowances for children, to health insurance costs, for travel expenses or a foreign residence allowance may be granted.
- Any of the four modules include a flexible research grant of EUR 1,000 each month or a general allowance for direct project costs, respectively.