Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for mexican students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Candidates are international students from all subjects (except the medical disciplines) who have been admitted to a doctoral programme at a German higher-education institution. Eligibility criteria include an excellent school and academic record and voluntary social and political involvement. Scholars are paid the amount of EUR 1,200 per month over a period of usually two and at most three years. The scholarship also entails comprehensive non-material support.
Anybody who has been unconditionally accepted for a doctorate at a German institution of higher education is invited to apply – except the medical disciplines.
- admission to a doctoral programme at a state or state-recognized higher-education institution in Germany
- sufficient knowledge of German, although the courses are held in English. This means a 'Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang' of at least DSH level 2, a 'Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache' of at least level 4 or a 'Zertifikat C 1' by a Goethe Institute
Number of Scholarships
about 15 scholarships per year
two to three years maximum; in justified cases funding may be exceptionally granted beyond this period, though at most until the final examination.
- EUR 1,200 per month
- networking within student- and working groups
- comprehensive seminar programme
- participation in symposia
application forms and further information on the application procedure here
Applications may be submitted at any time; there are, however, specific timelines which are detailed here