Since 1998, DAAD has promoted the course "Wilhelm and Alexander von Humboldt". Since 2013, the course was established at the Colegio de Mexico (COLMEX), in the humanities and social science department. Through cooperation agreements with the participating institutions, since 2012 namely UNAM and COLMEX, Mexico and Germany have enjoyed successful cooperation in higher education for the last 15 years that the Course has been running.
Following an assessment and redefinition of its profile, the Course took on a new scientific profile in 2013. Within the context of globalization, the Course – as a university forum – encourages scientific discourse in fields such as German society, politics, economics, history and culture today.
Head Professors of the Course since its creation:
- 1998 - 2001: Dr. Leon Bieber (Political Science)
- 2002 - 2003: Dr. Walther L. Bernecker (History)
- 2003 - 2004: Dr. Horst Pietschmann (History)
- 2004 - 2007: Dr. Karl Kohut (Literature)
- 2008 - 2010: Dr. Friedhelm Schmidt –Welle (Literature and Cultural Studies)
- 2011 - 2015: Prof. Dr. Günther Maihold (Political Science and Sociology)
- 2015 - 2017: Prof. Dr. Ludger Pries (Sociology)
More information on the course and its events at http://catedrahumboldt.colmex.mx