DAAD in Mexico
Academic exchange between Mexico and Germany has grown continuously in recent years. In 2017, we registered 385 instances of collaboration between officially registered Mexican and German universities, and the number of Mexican students in Germany rose from 730 (in 2004) to over 2,900 (in 2016). DAAD has signed agreements with government organizations, such as the National Council for Science and Technology (CONACYT) and the Mexican Association of University Deans (ANUIES), to support and continue developing academic cooperation in Mexico.
Both Germany and DAAD are keen on further strengthening academic relations between the two countries; this steered DAAD toward expanding its presence in Mexico through the establishment of a regional office in 2000.
DAAD Mexico consists at present of a regional office, four lektors operating in Mexico, the Humboldt Professorship, long-term German professors, and several language assistants.
The Office in Mexico
The Office for DAAD in Mexico is the direct contact to answer all questions related to scientific and academic exchange between Mexico and Germany. The director, since early 2014, is
Dr. Alexander Au. More information in the section Contact.
DAAD Mexico offers, among other things, the following services designed to promote academic exchange between Germany and Mexico, at both the individual and institutional levels:
- We provide information on study and research opportunities in Germany.
- We provide assistance regarding our scholarship and exchange programs.
- We promote scientific exchange programs and multilateral research.
- We represent the interests of German universities.
- We support setting up collaboration, projects, events and meetings between German and Mexican universities.
- We support the recognition of German academic degree equivalency.
DAAD does not offer assistance for enrolment in German universities, immigration procedures or private language learning.